Completely current update on new and emerging trends with New or Novel Psychoactive Substances, often referred to as legal highs or research chemicals. With around 50 new substances identified every year, which ones are important in your area and how can you stay informed? This in-depth training will feature the chemical composition, using patterns, effects and side effects of the substances and harm reduction techniques. This course will allow youth workers, drug workers and other professionals to effectively respond to, treat and engage with people using these emerging substances.
COURSE LENGTH: ONE DAY
Available to book as an EXCLUSIVE WORKSHOP for up to 20 persons.
See Current Pricing
(Includes 2 facilitators & all materials)
PLEASE EMAIL IF YOU REQUIRE AN INVOICE
Is this course really for me & my team? Try our Learning Needs Analysis.
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Recall current and emerging trends in new psychoactive substances
- Recall the form, route of administration, dosage and legal status of the more popular new psychoactive substances
- Name the typical effects and side effects of the various substances
- Identify useful techniques and strategies to engage with users including harm reduction
- Demonstrate how to effectively engage with users of new psychoactive substances
- Identify sources of further help and treatment options in your area
For the more specialist services, we have the following
- Identify how to respond to a research chemical related psychological crisis
- Recognise the signs and recall how to respond to an overdose
EXAMPLE SUBSTANCES COVERED INCLUDE:
Cathinones e.g Mephedrone, Phenazepam, Salvia, Synthetic cannabinoids, 5-IT, Methoxetamine and branded products such as Ivory Wave and Benzo Fury
Special reference can be given to specific substances on request.