Psychostimulants explained: the category that includes the most widely used drugs on the planet after legal substances such as alcohol. This course introduces the changing face of the newest designer drugs or “Research Chemicals” and revisits MDMA with the reported recent resurgence of use. The course explores.. What are psychostimulants? How & why do people use them? What are the harms & how do you keep up with the challenges they pose as a peer educator through to a paramedic.
COURSE LENGTH: ONE DAY
Available to book as an EXCLUSIVE WORKSHOP for up to 20 persons. £600
(Includes 2 facilitators & all materials)
PLEASE EMAIL IF YOU REQUIRE AN INVOICE
Is this course really for me & my team? Try our Learning Needs Analysis.
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Name the drugs that are classified as psychostimulants
- Name the typical effects and side effects of psychostimulant drugs
- Recall the form, route of administration, dosage and legal status of the more popular psychostimulants
- Recall the key presenting issues for psychostimulant drug use
- Identify useful techniques and strategies to engage with psychostimulant users including harm reduction
- Identify sources of further help and treatment in your area
For the more specialist services, we have the following
- Recall the main treatment options for psychostimulant drug users
- Recognise the signs and recall how to respond to a psychostimulant overdose
- Recall child and adult protection requirements around psychostimulant drug use
EXAMPLE SUBSTANCES COVERED CAN INCLUDE:
Cocaine, Cannabis, MDMA/Ecstasy, GHB/GBL, Research chemicals (e.g. mephedrone) &/or Piperazines (e.g. BZP) or Phenethylamines (e.g 2C-B)
Special reference can be given to specific substances on request.